The course aims to train personnel to become accomplished operators of a specified crane who understand the safety considerations involved in its operation and can operate it in accordance with accepted good practice, the employer’s safe crane operation standard and the crane manufacturer’s instructions. They will be able to:
· Plan and use the correct lifting equipment
· Conduct pre-operational checks on the crane and lifting equipment
· Recognise safe slinging methods
· Understand and be able to respond to instructions given by hand signal, radio or other communication method
· Lift, transport and set down the required types of load in a safe manner, accurately and without damage to the load, the lifting equipment or injury to personnel
· Recognise unsafe situations and take the appropriate actions to prevent damage or injury.
Trainees must pass all three elements of the practical test, involving:
Pre-use check test
Theoretical knowledge test
Practical operating ability test.
Certification provided is "in-house" certification qualifying your crane operators to use cranes at your premises only.
Safety is your hands. Overhead crane training nationwide.